Jon came over to visit for two weeks. We had so much fun, sometimes we forgot about taking photographs. You’d start to notice that the photos started off looking all nice and pretty (cause it’s photographed with my DSLR) and then we got lazy and just stuck to Jon’s Samsung S5. A few exceptions to the last few photos, I just can’t leave my camera behind for a sunset shot, come on!
WARNING: LOTS OF COUPLE PHOTOS AHEAD.
We did a 5 day road trip down to Wellington, stopping for a night at Rotorua and another night at Hastings. With our rented Toyota Camry from Hertz, we had so much fun, even while driving. Jon was in charge of music obviously, and we were jamming to Alabama Shakes, Radiohead, The Black Keys, Bonobo and Nightmares on Wax. Now, we can’t wait to do a longer road trip in South Island. Potentially two weeks? That would be even more awesome.
Lunch at Fat Dog Cafe, Rotorua
Outside Rotorua Museum.
I promised to make full use of the selfie stick. It’s super useful when there’s only the two of us.
We had dinner at Ten Twenty Four at Hastings. When we arrived (without reservation, how clever!), we circled the building, wondering if it was closed for a private function. Thankfully, the waiter came out to the side door and we were able to ask if it was open. Although they only accept reservations, we were lucky that it wasn’t a busy night and the chef would be delighted to have us.
We were quite early, so we had the whole restaurant to ourselves. It’s almost as if Jon reserved the whole restaurant for me. Hah, jokes.
Double cheese burger at Five Boroughs, Wellington
DUCK FAT ROASTED POTATOES AND GARLIC.
This scaredy cat doesn’t dare to walk through the upper dam without me. 😛
At Island Bay Marine Education Centre-Bait House Aquarium, Wellington
That’s a mouthful.
The one minute sunset passed so fast.
In this trip, we have covered a lot of ‘first times’. Unintentional relationship goals achieved. Hah!
- Road Trip ✓
- Slept at 9pm together like old folks (It’s for the sake of waking up early to drive, people) ✓
- Took a tacky kissy photo (with one leg up!) in front of a point of interest at Rotorua Museum. ✓
- Nature walk (At Zealandia, Wellington) ✓
- Beach walk ✓
- Candle lighted romantic dinner for two at Two Twenty Four (Plus points: Whole restaurant to ourselves) ✓
- Made home made burgers from scratch ✓
- Discovered new places in the North Island of New Zealand✓
- Freezed on top on a mountain, Mount Victoria, Wellington(Well, a hill, really) ✓
- Watched a 1 minute sunset together (Oh, so romantic) ✓
- Bought non-stick pans together (WHAT?!?) ✓
- Jon supported me at one of my photography workshops ✓
I can’t wait for him to be back again soon. Meanwhile, I’ll deal with the winter winds first.